My grandmother, Parwati who was the disciple of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi transcendental meditation trainer initiated me into TM. I unfortunately would drift into blissful sleep and then go on my next anger-frustration trip. Before re-initiating me she taught me a technique which I came across again few days back at a Shakti Gawain workshop.
This is a very simple technique. It also helped me find the artist in me
- Sit in a quiet rather dark room, be comfortable.
- Start counting down from 10–1.
- Imagine a cord from the base of your spine to the earth, like roots anchoring you to the centre of the earth.
- Now from the earth’s water table rises the water the nourishes you by entering your body from your feet and spreading all through.
- From the sky through the top of your head enters the cosmic rays that energize you.
- The blending of the two in your body balances your mind-emotions and soul.
I have found this tool a great help particularly when I was recovering my various near fatal accidents.