Tobacco cessation should be an interdisciplinary activity
Simple brief clinical intervention can help in the patient quitting tobacco.
The following results emerged.
- Specific quitting tactics were discussed by 49% of the practitioners with smokers and 48% clinician smoke to smokeless users.
- When it came to quitting 26$ clinicians spoke to smokers and 35% to smokeless tobacco users.
- Self help and educatory materials were handed by 32% clinicians to smokers and 35% to smokeless tobacco users.
- Nicotine gums were prescribed by 1 practitioner to smokers, and 3 practitioners to smokeless tobacco users.
- Nicotine patches were prescribed by 16 to smokers and 9 to smokeless tobacco user.
- Referring to cessation clinics or programmes was done by 14% to smokers and 11% to non…
View original post 60 more words